Friday 17 May 2013

Advertisment 2.1 - CONCEPT

My chosen charity for this project was Crisis, whose main aim is to end homelessness by delivering life changing services and training. I concentrated my research on how they use Art and I found that last year they held an event called "The Crisis Commission" where massive artists like Tracy Emin and Antony Gormley created pieces to be auctioned off. In the show, there was a piece by the artist Nika Neelova called The Partings...


The doors have been taken out of situ, much like when someone becomes homeless, they lose purpose and meaning. They're at angles to show the imbalance and unease of being homeless and also hints at a shelter. I feel doors have a lot of meaning in being homeless, like "doors being shut in your face" and even sleeping in doorways. So as cheesy as it sounds, I've based my work on the quote "When a door closes, somewhere there's an open window." and my initial design is...


I changed the Crisis logo, because I personally don't like it, into this which was hand written with a sharpie. I feel it looks like an artists signature now which has more meaning to my cause and the campaign I want to create.

WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment