Sunday 23 November 2014

ETC.

Ey up.

I'm actually enjoying uni this year, so i apologise for the absence of posts. My design process has taken a turn, i've started using sketchbooks differently than i have before so it makes photographing and explaining the thinking behind them a bit difficult, and I've not finally "RESOLVED" anything yet…but watch this space. I'm currently doing a project on the Kardashians, so yeah. LOVIN LYF 2K14!!!

I have been doing things outside of uni too, so enjoy my non-academic ventures...





Our Degree Show Fundraising Collective is called "And" and this is represented by an ampersand - they asked each of us to design our own, and to bear in mind this would represent US. ME. WELP. I chose an illustrative leafy pattern…cuz…i like…leaf patterns. I'm so pleased with how this turned out - its nice just to do something different from uni work, but for it to have a purpose.



My friends Hannah and Mel put on a chuffin art show called "PLAY" at The Bohunk a few weeks back. Was blurry incredible. Anyway, I submitted a piece, on of my hand embroideries. It's based on nursery rhymes, and the childhood innocence of swearing - how you say a word but dont know what it means. It's also about growing up as a lady, and how that requires a lot of maintenance.



And finally, there's an exhibition coming up called "5x5" where you submit 5 pieces of work, and receive 5 in return. I participated earlier this year but what i produced was a load of poo. This time, I've created a series I've called "PENCIL 2 PAPER" where i basically did a page of doodling in my sketchbook, took elements and put them in the 5x5 format. Yeyeeeeeyyyyy.

Also I'm in the process of becoming PROFESSIONAL so follow my PROFESSIONAL twitter and help me be A PROFESSIONAL HUMAN BEING: https://twitter.com/beckyrileyy

0 comments:

Post a Comment