Sunday 11 November 2012

Typography

Our next project was a 3 week one based on one character of the alphabet, a quote and my initials. Proper liked this project because it was fast paced. Like the quote was sprung up on us to be done by the Tuesday, then just a week to do 3 initials. I get bored SO easily so having these early deadlines proper spur me on.

My character was U and my quote was "The hour is darkest just before the dawn" and I chose it because I swear it's on Batman or something...anyway here are my finished things!

QUOTE


Not gonna lie, I'm really pleased with my final outcome. It's sleek and minimal and paper cut aaaah i love paper cut. I love the shadows, the figuring out how to get it to read well (i.e not upside down) was difficult, so I thank my friend Ailsa for helping me with that one!!!

FINAL CHARACTER


Simple cut out with BRIGHT NEON background. One of the tutors was reaaaallly not a fan of the neon, but I bloody love it. Its so BRIGHT and headache inducing. Again, I like it cuz it's simple and sharp. I think both these final pieces tie in together what with their paper cutting aspect.

FINAL INITIALS



Then finally my initials...wow thats a bad quality photo. Anyway. The first one was created using pin pricks, this one ties in with the other Quote and Character as i used the neon again - it looks really good when you hold it up to the light. The next was a more corporate look, I wasn't too much of a fan of this one but it got good feedback. And finally a ribbon design - i used a sign pen for the lines, as I wanted it to have an illustrative feel, and whacked it into photoshop and played round with colours and positioning.

.....................................................................

There you have it. Illustration project starts next week which i'm a bit wary of as I'm not the best illustrator in the world but hey ho, dodgy drawings could be my signature thing.


0 comments:

Post a Comment