Tuesday 7 January 2014

Do a Green Thing

To start us off again after Christmas, we were set a one day project. I love things like this because they're quick and there's no time to get bored. I work better under pressure, and prefer shorter projects. They say longer projects give you more time to experiment, but I just get stuck in a rut and stay in my comfort zone - this year I'm BREAKING OUT and going to do more illustration and typography pieces.

Anyway, the brief was this competition brief set by Pentagram to create a poster promoting a "green issue" I chose "eat less meat" because I'm not a veggie, but I don't eat much meat so its an issue I can get behind.

My poster is aimed at kids to tell their parents "mum lets have an aubergine for tea instead of pork". Not saying all meat eaters are monsters, but monsters NEEEEEED to eat meat, humans don't.

Anyway here's my process sketch to painting - it took around 5 hours from start to finish.




0 comments:

Post a Comment