Tuesday 21 January 2014

Screenprinting 2.0

I am currently suffering from the plague (i.e the worst cold ever) but I pulled myself away from bed on Monday to attend a Screenprinting session. I had such a good day, it was worth getting up for and everyones prints turned out SOO good. 
10/10 for our lot. 
 
Anyway, we could either do a print based on our current project or a print on anything we liked. Over Christmas I read "The Snow Child" and it inspired me to create a winter cabin scene with foxes surrounding the cabin for a touch of colour. 
 


I wanted the colours to be muted, with bright orange for the foxes. I was pushing for neon orange (cuz we all know i love the neon) but our tutor warned it might look too harsh so I went instead for a yellow-orange, which still looks bright 
but not outrageous. 



Overall I'm quite chuffed with my prints - the cabin windows are slightly misaligned but apparently it looks like snow on the windows…I only did 6 so they are V LIMITED EDITION, just got to decide who to give them too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment